Ciao! Just like all your favorite things in life, you want to guard it with your life, so that you can always be able to enjoy it! For example, protecting your loved ones, or your phone with a case. Our beds are our sanctuary, a place where we can escape reality and take a breather, it is important that we take care of our mattresses the way it takes care of us.
A mattress protector is almost like a fitted sheet on your bed that protects you from any messy mishaps! This is an important essential to have in your bedding because it is preventative and provides extra comfort. For example, any spills, or build-up allergens that develop over time can negatively impact your mattress’s life expectancy. By using a protector, you can prevent this.
Mattress Protectors can also protect you from these listed threats:
- Dust mites
- Body sweat
- Overheating of the mattress
- Bed Bugs
- Early wearing down of the mattress
Mattress protectors are made purposely to be water-resistant while still allowing air and breathability. Here at GiNO, we make sure that you get this duo from our mattress protectors.
Our GiNO mattress protector includes:
- Waterproof and breathability
- Reversible cover
- Double-sided in terry cotton for the summer and polyester for the winter
- In addition, this kit comes with two pillow protectors as well 😊
- Comes in three different sizes: Queen, King, and Cal King
When buying a mattress protector, you want to consider a few essential things such as:
- Is the mattress protector waterproof?
- Will the protector be cleanable, will it also include materials that will help take out bacteria and allergens?
- Is the protector breathable? It is important to make sure air flow is present within your protector, that way you can have a cool sleep.
- Lastly you should make sure the protector suits your comfort preferences!
Keep in mind, not all mattress protectors are the same, in order to make sure you are getting the right one for you, check out this list:
- Encasement (or zippered): This mattress protector covers your entire mattress from the top to bottom. This protector is usually closed with a zipper.
- Fitted: This type of mattress protector is very popular; it can fit your mattress the same way a fitted sheet would.
- Elastic Strap: This protector is places on top of your mattress while elastic straps cover the four corners. This helps keep the protector attached to the mattress.
There are multiple materials included in the mattress protector:
Bene, we hope you got a better understanding of the importance of a mattress protector, to make every moment in your bed peaceful and enjoyable, make sure to continuously take care of and protect your mattress. Be sure to also check out previous blogs on how to clean your mattress, red flags to dispose of a mattress, and how to maintain proper sleep hygiene!
As always, buona notte e sogni d’oro 😴