Ciao! In this blog, we will go over the distinct differences between a King and California King size mattress. Because both of these mattresses are somewhat similar there can be a lot of misconceptions. Not to worry, by the end of this, you will be able to clearly identify the similarities and differences while also being able to see which size will work the best for you!
Bene, let’s start by identifying each size individually!
All About King Size Mattresses:
If you are someone who enjoys and desires more space when sleeping or you are currently sharing your bed and need more in order for you and your partner to be comfortable; a King size mattress is the perfect option for you!
King size mattresses are also known as “Eastern King” are made to be wider which gives the ability for more room, especially when you are not the only one sleeping on the bed.
The dimensions for a king size are around: 76×80 inches – 76 inches wide by 80 inches long
Few pros and cons about a King Size Mattress that can help you determine if this is the right size for you are:
- (Pros) If you need shorter room or if your body length is on the shorter side. King size mattresses are not as long compared to the California king size, however if you are looking for short and wide room then this will be just right.
- (Pros) If you have space in your room for a wider mattress, and you also like to share your bed with a partner/kids/ or even your pets if they like to sleep besides you from time to time; this mattress can hold you all together (heart)
- (Cons) If your body length is on the taller side, there might not be enough leg room due to the short and wide size. Your feet might hang from the end of the bed! But not to worry because that is why we also have the California King 😊
- (Cons) If you room is small, this mattress might be too wide, and it can be a little tedious to make it fit just perfectly.
All About California King Size Mattresses:
The California King also referred to as “Cal King”, got its memorable signature name from Hollywood, due to the high demand of requests from celebrities that wanted a more luxurious and spacious style.
The California King Size Dimensions are around: 72×84 inches – 72 inches wide by 84 inches long
The pros and cons for the Cal King Size are:
- (Pros) If you are taller, this size will be the most accommodable for you! Because the Cal king size bed is longer, it can be able to leave enough space at the end of the bed.
- (Pros) If you have a narrower bedroom that is not wide enough, this size will fit more efficiently.
- (Pros) If your pet likes to sleep at your feet instead of right next to you, then the Cal King would be just right!
- (Cons) Because of the unique structure, it might be harder to find bedding accessories compared to a regular King or Queen!
- (Cons) If you share the bed with your partner or occasionally have kids joining you, there will not be enough room to comfortably fit everyone
After distinguishing each different type of size, we hope you got a clear idea of what each provides! Make sure to check out our mattresses here at GiNO as we do offer both the King and Cal King sizes for you.
As always, buona notte e sogni d’oro