WARRANTY POLICY COVERAGE
GiNO is pleased to offer you a 20-year pro-rated limited warranty against defects in workmanship and/or materials of our mattresses – other than fabric or handles if featured on the product – excluding the specific limitations set forth below. This limited warranty covers any visible indentation of one side of the mattress equal to or greater than one and one quarter inches (1 1⁄4”). If identical materials are not available at the time of repair or replacement services, GiNO may substitute materials of comparable quality. The mattress MUST be used at all times in conjunction with a rigid, firm, non-spring foundation, such as a slatted/grid top bed base, GiNO foundation or similar hard surfaces, which guarantee adequate center support and aeration.
DO NOT USE A BOX SPRING FOUNDATION OR FOUNDATIONS WITH INADEQUATE CENTER SUPPORT, AS THEY ARE LIKELY TO CAUSE DEFECTS IN THE MATTRESS WHICH ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY.
Exclusions from Mattress Coverage:
Our mattress limited warranty shall NOT apply in the following circumstances:
- Wear and tear of the Product due to normal use;
- If the Product is found to be unsanitary, dampened, burned, cut, stained and/or soiled;
- If the Product is used without proper foundation and/or inadequate center support;
- Defects or damages resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, unusual physical stress, alteration, improper operation, maintenance, handling of the Product;
- If the Product has any damage to the outer fabric of the cover, including wear and tear;
- If the Product is used for commercial purposes (including, but not limited to, hotels, motels or institutional facilities), unless designed and built for commercial use;
- If the Product was exposed to hot or cold temperatures, wet environments, inappropriate climate conditions, including but not limited to, rain and humidity;
- Discoloration or other cosmetic changes;
- If the Product was repaired by third parties not authorized by GiNO;
- Product failure caused by factors other than defective workmanship or material.
In addition to the foregoing, this limited warranty on our mattresses shall not apply to:
- Body impressions, which are a normal occurrence in a sleep set and indicate that the upholstery layers are performing as they were designed to do by conforming to the body’s individual contours. Such compressions are natural and are not considered structural or design defects, and therefore are NOT covered under the warranty;
- A normal increase in the softness of the foam which does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the mattress;
- A decrease in thickness or volume up to 2” for mattresses with covers quilted in natural fiber, since natural fiber tends to flatten down with time and usage or as a result to vacuum packing the mattress before shipping;
- Handles, if present in the product;
- Indentation NOT greater than one and one quarter inches (1 1⁄4”);
- Comfort preference;
- Transportation and inspection costs;
- Product purchased from unauthorized retailer or dealers;
- If the original purchaser does not present proof of purchase which shows date, place and price of purchase of the Product;
- Pillows and other products not listed in this warranty.
Pro-rated Mattress Warranty Schedule:
|Pro-Rated Replacement Value*
|Years 1 – 10
|100% of the purchase price of the mattress
|Maximum of 50% of the purchase price of the mattress
|Maximum of 45% of the purchase price of the mattress
|Maximum of 40% of the purchase price of the mattress
|Maximum of 35% of the purchase price of the mattress
|Maximum of 30% of the purchase price of the mattress
|Maximum of 25% of the purchase price of the mattress
* The Pro-Rated Replacement Value is applied toward the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the replaced mattress.
GiNO offers a three (3) year warranty on its pillows if defective due to faulty materials, subject to the following limitations, which are not covered under our warranty:
- Any physical defect in the pillow core that causes the foam to split or crack despite normal usage and proper handling;
- Deterioration of the foam structure that causes the pillow to not return to its original shape;
- A normal increase in softness of the material which does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the product;
- Any defect in a pillow cover.
GiNO offers a five (5) year pro-rated manufacturing warranty on its KD foundations for manufacturing defects.
Prorated Foundation Warranty Schedule:
|Pro-Rated Replacement Value*
|Free replacement of parts, and complete replacement if determined in manufacturers discretion
|Replacement of faulty or defective parts will be determined based on the typical wear & tear of the product.
GiNO Mattress Protector
GiNO offers a ten (10) year manufacturing warranty on its mattress protector. We warrant that our mattress protector will resist accidental stains from common household foods, beverages, medications, and biological fluids of human or animal origin and will be free of any defects in workmanship or material.
If you purchase both a GiNO mattress and mattress protector from us at the same time, our Warranty Policy will also cover the mattress against accidental stains from common household foods, beverages, medications and biological fluids of human or animal origin.
This Warranty Policy is subject to any further terms and conditions set forth in the packaging of the mattress protector.
GiNO Pillow Protector
The manufacturer provides a one (1) year warranty for our pillow protector against manufacturing defects in workmanship or material.
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
- To open a warranty claim, please contact the authorized retailer from whom you purchased the applicable Product, or if you purchased it directly from the GiNO website, please contact us at email@example.com, within the applicable timeframe mentioned above. If your authorized retailer is unavailable, contact GiNO at the address below and we will do our best, but cannot guarantee we will be able, to assist you.
- Send to the authorized retailer, or us, as applicable, the follow information:
- Your name, address, email address, and phone number;
- Proof of purchase of the GiNO mattress which shows a product description and the date, location, and price of purchase of the mattress;
- A clear picture and description of the claimed damage to the mattress;
Before any warranty claim is approved and any repair or replacement service is performed, or replacement value provided, the authorized retailer or GiNO may cause an inspection to assess the condition of the mattress, and may approve or deny such claim if it does not meet the requirements of this Warranty Policy, in their sole discretion. All warranty claims for our Products will be rejected if the Product is not used for its intended purpose, has been used in an unreasonable manner, or if any alterations were made.
For approved claims, except for pro-rated warranty claims as set forth in this Warranty Policy, GiNO will do its best to provide you with identical Products and/or parts therefor. However, if identical Products/parts are not available at the time of repair or replacement services, GiNO may substitute Products/parts of comparable quality, in its sole discretion.
For further information regarding this Warranty Policy, please contact:
Last updated: February 8, 2021