When it comes to bedding, it is not always the color scheme or the fashionable style that we choose from. We always go for the freshest, hygienic, and eco-friendly sheets that they offer. As time goes by, even bed sheets need to take a bath at some point, and you ask yourself: How often should I wash these sheets?
According to lifestyle experts, bedding sheets need to be washed once every week. Why? Because every time we go to sleep (7-8 hours every day). Your bedsheets tend to pick up a lot of grime from your body (E.g.: Dead skin fragments, dirt, stains, and moisture).
Some people tend to stretch out bedding sheets for more than a week. Depending on how clean their sheets tend to look, some would push bedding sheets usage for more than 4 weeks. But in reality, it’s necessary to clean your sheets once every week in order to prevent the accumulation of grime from growing.
What happens if I don’t wash my sheets?
Well, if you don’t wash your sheets, the bacteria from the sheets themselves accumulate and it can cause you to get:
- Asthma attacks
- Athlete’s foot
- Skin irritation
Furthermore, it’s not just your bedding from your bedsheets that will need cleaning, it is also your couch that needs a cleanse every time you, friends, or family sit on it.
How to wash your bedding?
When it’s time to wash your bedsheets. There are many steps into ensuring that your sheets are comfy, clean, and fresh like it’s brand new:
- Choose your cleaning product and read all of the instructions on the back.
- Depending on the bedding you choose and the material. Bedding must be washed through hot water (Cotton = hot, polyester = hot)
- In the machine, wash the sheets with gentle detergent
- Bedding is all about colors. You always have to separate your bedding sheets by color (Light, rainbow and Dark colors). Sort out the colors and wash your sheets separately.
- After you finish washing your sheets, dry them off (If you want to go eco-friendly, dry your bedding outside or if you need them REALLY quick, use a dryer)
- If you plan to go all natural, your bedding will take about 3 to 6 hours (Or less if it’s a sunny day)
- If you need them FAST and FURIOUS, you can use a dryer machine with a temperature of your choosing. ( ‘Cause you’re hot then you’re cold “ Hot N Cold by Katy Perry”)
Bene and that’s a wrap! Caring for your bedding can go a long when it comes to helping you sleep. Here at GiNO, having good sleep hygiene is important to us. Keeping your sheets clean is an investment in your sleep health and a good night’s sleep.
Buona notte e sogni d’oro from yours truly